Lemon Risotto with Broccoli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice and lemon zest; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth; cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in broccoli.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and lemon juice. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 198 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2012
Doubled the lemon zest and juice (only bekz I LOVE strong lemon flavor), and added 1 small clove of garlic, minced for punch. This was one of the best side dishes for baked fish, ever!! Thanks for such a great recipe!
Jul 13, 2011
Loved this. Great for a crowd. I added portabellas and asparagus and used vegetable broth... it came out great!
Apr 24, 2011
very easy very tasty
Apr 4, 2011
Very good and very simple to make.