Lemon Risotto with Broccoli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice and lemon peel; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth; cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in broccoli.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and lemon juice. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 198 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jan 8, 2012
Doubled the lemon zest and juice (only bekz I LOVE strong lemon flavor), and added 1 small clove of garlic, minced for punch. This was one of the best side dishes for baked fish, ever!! Thanks for such a great recipe!
Jul 13, 2011
Loved this. Great for a crowd. I added portabellas and asparagus and used vegetable broth... it came out great!
Apr 24, 2011
very easy very tasty
Apr 4, 2011
Very good and very simple to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.