Lemon Risotto with Peas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the rice, thyme and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes. Add the peas, cheese and lemon peel; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 207 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 29, 2012
made this several times. kick butt recipe, always pleases and easily modified with let over goodies like shrimp or salmon (just add at very end and heat through).
Jan 7, 2012
This was a very bad tasting dish. Peas in risotta are not a good mix.
May 5, 2011
This was really not good at all. I had to add a lot of seasoning.
May 11, 2010
This recipe is fabulous. The issue it came in also had step-by-step instructions. It was great and I now call myself a risotto-maker.