Lemon Mushroom Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time; turn to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Mar 21, 2019My family really liked this recipe and it's simple and quick to prepare but it seemed a bit bland for me. There's nothing wrong with it but if you're like me and prefer more flavor then I'd suggest adding extra spices to the flour, garlic to the mushrooms and perhaps a splash of white wine to the sauce. I will definitely make this again.
Feb 14, 2015
Easy, good flavor, not dry which are important factors to consider with anything you cook.
Feb 2, 2015
Jun 21, 2013
I make this recipe a lot and my family loves it!!!!! Delicious!
Jun 27, 2012
Quick, easy, and healthy recipe. Will definitely make again!
May 11, 2012
Delicious, easy, low cal
May 10, 2011
Apr 5, 2010
I jazzed this up by adding poultry seasoning to the flour coating, adding minced garlic to the pan with the chicken, and a splash of white wine todeglaze the pan. I also used 1 cup broth instead of 1/3 cup. This was easy and delicious. Everyone liked it.
Mar 24, 2010
Lemon mushroom chicken is a simple and incredibly easy dish to make and one my family simply loves. It's a keeper and one we'll be making many more times.
Dec 31, 1969