Honey-Lime Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Carefully loosen the skin from the entire chicken. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, mustard and cumin.
- 2. Using a turkey baster, baste under the chicken skin with 1/3 cup lime juice mixture. Tie drumsticks together. Pour remaining lime juice mixture over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting every 30 minutes with drippings (cover loosely with foil after 1 to 1-1/2 hours or when golden brown). Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving.
3 ounce-weight: 197 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 31, 1969
Mmmm, this was fantastic several years ago. I'm purging my saved mags & entering much-loved recipes into my box.
Mar 8, 2010
tried it again with injecting the lime sauce, very tender and delicous. will use the leftovers in tomorrows mexican dish
Mar 8, 2010
Was good but not a family pleaser
Jul 2, 2009
This recipe is delicious. I actually inject the meat with the lime juice mixture and it creates the moistest meat you've ever tasted!