Chicken In Pear Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 thick-cut bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings; set bacon aside. Gradually stir broth into the drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add pears; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add the chives. Gradually stir into pear sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in bacon. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 937mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 21, 2016
It would be great if someone else made but for all the pans and work was not worth it. I can see where it would be impressive at dinner party.
Sep 18, 2011
My husband and two small sons loved this! I skipped the chives and used turkey bacon. I was almost out of chicken broth, so used half apple cider instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.