Chicken with Caramelized Pears
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in vinaigrette and thyme.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup pear mixture and 1 cup rice: 567 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1330mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Feb 2, 2018
Excellent flavor, not overly sweet. Everybody wanted more. A keeper.
Feb 27, 2012
This was ok, nothing special. Everyone ate it, but no one askec for seconds.
Feb 9, 2012
This was one the most easy recipes I've done with Chicken. My kids loved it because its a sweet and savory dish all together!
Feb 8, 2012
Very good! We enjoyed this dish tonight. Easy preparation too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.