Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
This elegant dessert for two has a wonderful vanilla flavoring that is very satisfying. With an extremely simple raspberry sauce adding a dash of bright color, it is very impressive. —Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cranberry juice
- 2 medium pears, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and wine to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add pears. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove pears and reserve cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vanilla. Stir in enough cooking liquid to form a sauce consistency. Cover and refrigerate sauce and pears separately until chilled.
- Remove sauce from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Place two pear halves on each dessert plate; top with sauce. Garnish with raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce in Reminisce December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.