Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and halved
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- Place pear halves, cut side up, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Place butter in the center of each; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears. Top with marmalade. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 215 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 25, 2017
I really like how easy it was to prepare this dessert. I did not have any orange marmalade so I substituted apple butter. I also omitted the cinnamon and sugar since the apple butter has it. I only used enough butter and apple butter to fit in the hole where I removed the seeds. Still really sweet but I would make again.
Feb 28, 2016
These came out tasting great, but mine were not lovely like the ones in the picture. The melting butter largely washed the topping off the pears. I might make it again, but with much less butter and marmalade.I could see serving it over waffles. It really wasn't the pretty dessert I had in mind.
Oct 26, 2012
Quick and tasty dessert; especially good in fall when pears are in season
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.