Broiled Pear Dessert
This sweet finale, from Karen Jurack of North Riverside, Illinois, is the perfect solution for pears that aren’t quite ripe. For a real treat, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Brush pears with lemon juice; place on a broiler pan, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Broiled Pear Dessert in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.