Pear Cake with Sour Cream Topping
This is a great way to combine bread and fruit for an all-in-one breakfast. The cake is very tasty and the unique topping is simply delicious.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and lemon zest; mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter into a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Slice pear halves; arrange slices in rows on top of batter. Mix topping ingredients until smooth; spread over pears. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.