Fresh Pear Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and oil; beat thoroughly. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in pears and vanilla. (The batter will be stiff.)
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 424 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 10, 2013
Wow! Everyone at home loved it! Easy to make.
Jul 15, 2013
The cake tasted OK, not very sweet at all. If I did make again, I would substitute mashed pears for half the oil and add some more sugar. But if I'm going to eat this many calories on a piece of cake, I want it decadent. This was more like a loaf recipe in terms of taste and texture.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.