Broiled Pear Dessert
This sweet finale, from Karen Jurack of North Riverside, Illinois, is the perfect solution for pears that aren’t quite ripe. For a real treat, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 medium ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. Brush pears with lemon juice; place on a broiler pan, cut side up.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
1 each: 222 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 2, 2017
Super easy and wow! It brings out the sweetness in the pears. Small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is heaven!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC