Grilled Pears with Mascarpone Cheese
For a light dessert after a big barbecue, we stuff pears with mascarpone cheese and gingersnap cookies. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce for a sweet touch. —Faith Cromwell, San Francisco, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 ripe medium pears, halved and cored
- Hot caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone, 3/4 cup crushed cookies and lemon peel; refrigerate until serving. Place pears, cut side down, on a greased grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until pears are tender and begin to caramelize. Cool slightly.
- Spoon cheese mixture over pears. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. If desired, drizzle with caramel topping.
Originally published as Grilled Pears with Marscapone Cheese in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.