Grilled Pears with Mascarpone Cheese
For a light dessert after a big barbecue, we stuff pears with mascarpone cheese and gingersnap cookies. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce for a sweet touch. —Faith Cromwell, San Francisco, California
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 ripe medium pears, halved and cored
- Hot caramel ice cream topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mascarpone, 3/4 cup crushed cookies and lemon zest; refrigerate until serving. Place pears, cut side down, on a greased grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until pears are tender and begin to caramelize. Cool slightly.
- 2. Spoon cheese mixture over pears. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies. If desired, drizzle with caramel topping.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC