Chicken in Plum Sauce
The secret is in the sauce in this delicious main dish. Honey, plums and garlic combine to make a sauce that adds mouthwatering flavor to tender, juicy chicken.—Patricia Collins, Imbler, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (16-1/2 ounces each) whole plums, pitted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coat chicken pieces with flour; brown in oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Drain plums, reserving syrup; remove pits and coarsely chop plums in a food processor. Pour into a measuring cup; add enough syrup to equal 2 cups. Place in a saucepan. Add honey, vinegar and garlic; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.