Skillet Plum Chicken Tenders
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine garlic salt and lemon pepper; sprinkle mixture over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Add plums and red onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Stir in next 5 ingredients. Mix cornstarch and wine until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Cook, covered, until chicken juices run clear and plums are tender, about 10 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 343 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 4, 2019
Tasty! Great way to use plums
Jul 2, 2018
I'm not seeing the ingredient of wine? How much?
Jun 21, 2018
A recipe with a gorgeous presentation! The sauce is delicious and compliments the seasoned chicken beautifully. I used halved boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of the tenders and I used chicken stock in place of the white wine. I think our plums were too tart for this dish and we may need to wait a bit longer to get some of summer's sweeter fruit but I will definitely try this dish again and will hopefully be able to give it a higher rating!