Prosciutto Chicken in Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 7, 2010
This quickly became a favorite in our house. We love prosciutto and wine sauces, so we always have the ingredients on hand - very easy and delicious!
Oct 6, 2009
It was good -- very moist and smelled great. I don't think it was anything "special." I did not use sage as I did not have it so I used Rosemary. I bought thinly sliced honey ham. It was easy to prepare and can easily be made with ingredients on hand.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.