Prosciutto Chicken in Wine Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides in oil and butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2010
This quickly became a favorite in our house. We love prosciutto and wine sauces, so we always have the ingredients on hand - very easy and delicious!
Oct 6, 2009
It was good -- very moist and smelled great. I don't think it was anything "special." I did not use sage as I did not have it so I used Rosemary. I bought thinly sliced honey ham. It was easy to prepare and can easily be made with ingredients on hand.