Wine-Braised Chicken with Pearl Onions
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) pearl onions, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken and onions in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup, wine and seasonings; pour over chicken and onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; skim fat from cooking juices. Serve cooking juices with chicken and rice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with about 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice): 444 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2018
Teresa, I always use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs because my husband and I don't like the thighs.
Mar 10, 2018
Teresa, I don't see why you couldn't make those changes.
Jan 12, 2018
I have a question... because I cook for two other people on a regular basis that are Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics I would like to know if I can used boneless-skinless chicken breast in place of thighs and instead of rice or pasta can I use veggie noodles (some call them zoodles).