Wine-Braised Chicken with Pearl Onions
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) pearl onions, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place chicken and onions in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup, wine and seasonings; pour over chicken and onions. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; skim fat from cooking juices. Serve cooking juices with chicken and rice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with about 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without rice): 444 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein.
Feb 29, 2020
Excellent - Could serve for company
May 24, 2019
This was amazingly delicious. Made the recipe as-is and not a drop of it remained.
Feb 12, 2019
May 24, 2018
Teresa, I always use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs because my husband and I don't like the thighs.
Mar 10, 2018
Teresa, I don't see why you couldn't make those changes.
Jan 12, 2018
I have a question... because I cook for two other people on a regular basis that are Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics I would like to know if I can used boneless-skinless chicken breast in place of thighs and instead of rice or pasta can I use veggie noodles (some call them zoodles).