Pressure Cooker Chicken with Raisins and Capers
Capers, golden raisins and fresh basil give this dish a sweetly savory flavor. And what's even better than that? The kids love it! —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked couscous
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, brown chicken in batches. Add wine to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Return chicken to pressure cooker.
- Stir mushrooms, red pepper, onion, and tomatoes, raisins and capers into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. Sprinkle with basil before serving. Serve with hot cooked couscous. Freeze option: Place chicken and vegetables in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 250 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Slow Simmerd Chicken with Raisins, Capers & Basil in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.