Pressure Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Orzo
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pitted green olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; stir to combine. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add orzo. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 4 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Let sit 8-10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 415 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 8, 2018
Awesome weeknight recipe. It was a hit with my Olive loving family. Super simple. Throw everything in the instant pot, kick up your feet. Very versatile. I added a half of a can of white beans. Next time, I may throw in spinach to make it a one pot meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.