Seasoned Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 29, 2016
This was a huge hit. I boiled 8 oz. frozen French-style green beans, drained them, and added the remaining ingredients. Instead of halving them for the two of us, I used nearly the full amounts of everything. DH was thrilled with the flavor, and I know I'll be making them often.
Nov 29, 2016
I really liked this recipe. It was quick and delicious! Thank you for sharing it was a BIG hit.
Oct 18, 2015
A solid 4. I was really hoping for a solid punch of seasoning and it wasn't quite there. I would amp up the seasoning next time and add a little pepper too inoted of following the recipe. But we did clean the bowl and each child had a few so I would consider it a moderate hit. I did love the steaming too.
Sep 23, 2015
Really a fun way to dress up green beans! I want to try it on squash!
Sep 7, 2015
Very good! Used the 1/4 tsp seasoned salt and 1/2 tsp chilli powder. I think 1/2 tsp seasoned salt would be too much
Aug 11, 2015
I just made the recipe using all listed seasonings, a 1/4th less butter, and fresh green beans.I honestly do not see the appeal. WAY too greasy (too much butter) for my taste. The butter seemed to cancel out the other seasonings.Not for me.
Feb 5, 2015
Great and simple recipe if you like green beans without a lot of extras.
Jan 24, 2015
These are very good. Not too spicy for my kids.
Jan 19, 2015
I used olive oil instead of butter. Very good!
Nov 4, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.