Ranch Green Beans
Years ago, I discovered this handwritten recipe on a note card and decided to give it a try. It's deliciously different from the usual green bean casserole and quickly became a favorite. —Carol Conn, Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs, toasted
- Place green beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- Whisk in remaining milk; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in salad dressing mix and pepper. Add beans; heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Originally published as Green Bean Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.