Warm Tasty Greens with Garlic
My farm box had too many greens, so I had to use them up. This tasty idea uses kale, tomatoes and garlic in a dish that quickly disappears. —Martha Neth, Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound kale, trimmed and torn (about 20 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add kale; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; discard cooking liquid.
- In same pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add kale, parsley and salt; heat through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 137 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Originally published as Tasty Greens in Taste of Home December 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.