Buttery Almond Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, water and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beans are crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, cheese and paprika. Drain beans; drizzle with butter and sprinkle with almond mixture. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 31, 2018
I was underwhelmed.
Mar 7, 2018
Love this amazing side dish!!!
Jan 14, 2015
This dish was absolutely fantastic! I loved it and had been hoping to have leftovers for lunch today, but my family devoured it all! I gave it four stars instead of five only because 6 tbsp is WAY too much butter. Half that much, or even less, is plenty. But with that minor adjustment, I highly recommend this dish!
Dec 25, 2014
Made this for Christmas dinner. Added sauteed mushrooms and bacon. The family loved it, there was nothing left after dinner
May 3, 2014
I used two, 12oz bags of frozen great beans, and then followed the recipe exact. This was so good! Mine was a little redder than the picture, I think I threw some extra paprika in by mistake.....yummy! This goes in my husband's favorite recipe folder!!
Sep 7, 2013
This was not for us. I'll continue with my regular recipe with bacon, much more flavorful.
Aug 27, 2013
Amazing! The taste is great!I shortened the buter to 2 TBSP and it turned out great!
Aug 27, 2013
A good recipe to use fresh beans from the garden. Tasty
Aug 25, 2013
Just loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was so good will do anytime I have fresh green beans!
Aug 24, 2013
I love this recipe with one change instead of simmering in water I use beef broth. They come out great.