Festive Tossed Salad with Feta
I like to serve this tossed salad when we're having company because it's quick, easy and goes with just about anything. Dried cranberries and feta cheese add a delightful touch to the colorful salad that's a snap to toss together with packaged greens. —Kate Hilts, Fairbanks, Alaska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) Italian-blend salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, water and salad dressing mix; shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes, onion, cheese and cranberries. Serve with dressing.
Originally published as Festive Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.