Grilled Pork Tenderloin Satay
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
Makes8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 287 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jan 22, 2015
My family loved this - the sauce was delicious! Definitely double the sauce so you have enough for dipping.
Feb 15, 2014
Loved it! Doubled the sauce, but didn't double the oil.
Sep 13, 2012
Was a nice change from the ordinary, taste was different but good. I liked it but hubby and kids not so much. But will not make again.
Jul 22, 2012
This is absolutely delicious, and the sauce is out of this world! I made a triple batch of the sauce, which seemed to be enough.
Jul 7, 2012
We LOVED this recipe! Next time I will double or triple the sauce. There wasn't enough with one batch to baste and have leftovers for dipping. I also soaked the skewers and they still burned. Investing in metal skewers for next time. Served it with fried rice. Delicious!!!
Jun 29, 2012
Yummy! so easy and tasty. I will definitely make again.
Jun 17, 2012
Mmm, so good! I've made Satay with chicken before, but not pork. Great way to serve pork tenderloin! Thanks for sharing.
Jun 13, 2012
I made this last night and my family loved it-no leftovers!!
Jun 12, 2012
I tried this for dinner tonight and it was AWESOME! Quick and easy and very tasty : )
Jun 12, 2012
This recipe is one of the few that my whole family raves about. That is saying a lot because I have three very picky boys.I also double or triple the the Satay Sauce and freeze it, because we love to eat it on everything.The last time that I made this recipe it I used onion powder and dried minced garlic in the sauce. It was still amazing.