Hoisin Pork Wraps
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 15 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cut roast in half. Combine 1/3 cup hoisin sauce and ginger; rub over pork. Transfer to a 4 or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onions, vinegar and sugar. Chill until serving.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Place 2 teaspoons remaining hoisin sauce down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup shredded pork and 1/3 cup coleslaw. Roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Feb 23, 2020
This recipe makes quite a bit but they are good. I make less cabbage mixture next time as we had much leftover.
Oct 3, 2014
This was amazing! I don't know what the previous poster was complaining about the roast being dry. That almost put me off making this. After cooking for seven hours, there was a pool of liquid at the bottom that amply covered the pork after I shredded it and mixed it. I used the amount listed in the recipe. So if you follow the recipe you should not have any problems.
Jul 11, 2013
Perfect summertime food, quick, easy and delicious!! It's really good with chicken too.
May 12, 2012
I can't rate it yet because something isn't right. I made this recipe, following everything exactly. However, when I opened the slow cooker, there was virtually NO liquid/sauce. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Also, can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can salvage the pork loin now? I tried warning more hoisin sauce with a little water and then adding it, but the mixture is still too dry to attempt to eat (I have a digestion issue that requires me to eat moist foods. I'd choke on this if I attempted it as it is now.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was really looking forward to eating this one!
Oct 29, 2011
My family loved this! We have made it more than once. It is definitely a family favorite. It is really easy to make and delicious!
Jul 31, 2011
Loved this recipe. I made these for a family dinner and everyone liked them.
Jul 25, 2011
Delicious pork wrap sandwiches - a snap to make in the crock pot all day. Loved the coleslaw both in the wraps and on the side!