Italian-Style Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining oil. Add the marinara sauce, olives, remaining salt and pepper, and reserved pepper mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 10-15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce: 397 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2016
I thought this was good, just needed a few things like basil and garlic added to it.Cooked the pork chops with garlic pepper, basil and Italian seasoning on them. Always look at a recipe and see what spices and herbs could be added. Served with fresh artichokes and pasta for the sauce. Very yum!
Apr 6, 2016
Yuck these taste exactly like what they are, and that is like boiled pork chops. I won't make these again!.