Pork Chop Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baked potatoes or hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and salt. Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, serve with baked potatoes or hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 338 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 10, 2012
This would be a great one to repeat this winter when working late. I thought it tasted okay but no comments from my family other than the meat was tender.
May 1, 2012
This recipe was just OK for us. I thought based on the other reviews it was going to be delicious. Not so.....it really lacked in the punch factor. I think it needs more seasoning of some sort. My son didn't even care for it, and he eats EVERYTHING.
Jul 11, 2011
Would definitely make this again. Didn't make any changes and came out perfect the first time. Yum!
Jan 23, 2011
This is a good recipe. I doubled the sauce and cooked the chops for about 5 and half hours. I will make this again.
Dec 11, 2009
coming across this recipe reminded me of my moms recipe. she has made this meal since i can remember. of course some of the ingredients she didn't use like the worcestershire sauce and the cider vinegar. otherwise it still tested like moms.
Sep 15, 2009
very good for pork chops. I actually cooked on top of the stove instead of crock pot and it was really tender and juicy. I cooked it for about an hour after i browned it & added all the ingredients on a simmer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.