Butterflied Pork Chop Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 butterflied pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple juice or cider, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter; drain. Remove from skillet and keep warm. In same skillet, combine 3/4 cup apple juice, sage, salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes and green onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; add apple rings and pork chops. Cover and simmer for 13-15 minutes or until apple rings and sweet potatoes are tender and meat is no longer pink.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple to serving plates; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops, sweet potatoes and apple.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 991mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Sep 22, 2009
I made this the other night. I used the apple cider instead of the apple juice & it was so strong & potent. No one could eat it. I made the sauce with apple juice though & it was so delicous & sweet. I might try this recipe again but just use the juice instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.