Pork Chop Potato Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in half of the onions.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 621 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
Easy and good! Potatoes get a little too mushy, but definitely easier than making cheesy potatoes separate.
Oct 17, 2017
This is a very good slow cooker recipe. It is very easy to put together in the morning and it's ready for dinner.
Nov 18, 2016
Very tasty! I used cream of chicken instead of the celery soup. I would be sure to use a lean pork chop to avoid potatoes becoming to greasy. Chops were very tender and delicious!
Sep 11, 2014
This is a wonderful recipe! Flavorful and so easy to make in the crock pot....I did not thaw my hash browns first and it turned out delicious!
Feb 2, 2013
This is delicious. The potatoes turn out very well and the pork is just like a regular pork chop only with cheese and french fried onions. My family loves this and I make it every once and a while. We all rave about this recipe and it is a family fav.
Dec 6, 2011
Husband loved it!
Nov 18, 2011
Initially I was very excited to find this recipe. I enjoyed making it; it was pretty easy and I liked coming home from work and it was already done. But the potatoes were an unappetizing dark color (from the pork drippings) and they did not taste like my mashed potatoes. The pork was just "okay".
Mar 15, 2011
My family loved this. I cooked mine for about 6 hours on low. My pork dried out a bit, but everyone still loved it. Do not skimp on the ingredients you mix with the potatoes or you will lose flavor. Next time I will add crushed fresh garlic and maybe a touch of cream cheese. But we cleaned the crock pot empty with the recipe just as it.
Dec 1, 2010
I do not thaw the hash browns and I cook this on low for 6 hours. I use cream of chicken soup instead of celery, and use extra french fried onions in the potatoes. -Lori in WI.
Nov 11, 2010
I changed the recipe a bit to fin what I already had at home. Used a pork tenderloin instead of chops and used real potatoes cut in halves instead of hash browns. Turned out great and got rave reviews from the fam.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.