Pork Chop Potato Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in half of the onions.
- Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 621 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Aug 15, 2019
Give this 6 stars.Just my two cents, use the already shredded Simply Potatoes in the green bag in the refrigerated section of the store. Already thawed, shredded and arent pumped full of preservative salts and more that commercially made frozen ones are ( I watch my sodium ) just use 2 bags equalling 40 ounces ( the extra 10 ounces makes no difference other than you get more potato to enjoy. I also used lower sodium cream of celery soup ( again to reduce the sodium) I noticed everything was done near the 4 to 4.5 hour mark? Potatoes were just past the al dente point, but not mushy, absorbed the flavor from the crispy onions ( which basically melted right in) and chops were tender. Out of all the slow cooker meals I have made for the family, this one tastes like it took all day to make, zero leftovers. NEVER leave reviews. Its that good. Hearty, cheesy, filling, easy.
Mar 15, 2019
My husband and I thought this was pretty good. I use my slow cooker a lot and this worked well for me as I was busy with baking too.
Mar 4, 2019
Really good and so hearty and comforting on a cold winter Sunday. Only changes I made was to use boneless pork chops and, since I was out of shredded hashbrowns, I made my own by grating some peeled potatoes.
Dec 3, 2017
Easy and good! Potatoes get a little too mushy, but definitely easier than making cheesy potatoes separate.
Oct 17, 2017
This is a very good slow cooker recipe. It is very easy to put together in the morning and it's ready for dinner.
Nov 18, 2016
Very tasty! I used cream of chicken instead of the celery soup. I would be sure to use a lean pork chop to avoid potatoes becoming to greasy. Chops were very tender and delicious!
Sep 11, 2014
This is a wonderful recipe! Flavorful and so easy to make in the crock pot....I did not thaw my hash browns first and it turned out delicious!
Feb 2, 2013
This is delicious. The potatoes turn out very well and the pork is just like a regular pork chop only with cheese and french fried onions. My family loves this and I make it every once and a while. We all rave about this recipe and it is a family fav.
Dec 6, 2011
Husband loved it!
Nov 18, 2011
Initially I was very excited to find this recipe. I enjoyed making it; it was pretty easy and I liked coming home from work and it was already done. But the potatoes were an unappetizing dark color (from the pork drippings) and they did not taste like my mashed potatoes. The pork was just "okay".