Hoosier Pork Chop Supper
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless butterflied pork chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings in pan. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper; add the pork chops. Seal bag; turn to coat.
- Cook pork chops in the drippings until browned on both sides. Add the potatoes, carrot, tomatoes and reserved onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Stir in the peas, cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 930 calories, 36g fat (11g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 94g protein.
Dec 19, 2010
This was alright, however I don't really think the tomatoes and the potatoes go together very well. I will make this again (the chops were terrific), but I might try a can of mushroom soup and a half can of milk to get the required liquid. Or perhaps a can of beef barley or beef vegetable soup? Any other ideas?
Jan 18, 2010
This is my absolute favorite way to fix pork chops. We have enjoyed this recipe many times since it was in Country magazine. Thank you.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.