Pork Chops Creole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4-inch thick and 4 ounces each )
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Minced fresh parsley
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops, over medium-high heat, on both sides in oil. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In the drippings, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, sugar, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Return pork chops to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve sauce with pork chops; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 390 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 6, 2012
I added a teaspoon of cajun seasoning to the flour for a little extra kick, and since I had very thick pork chops, I popped the pan into the oven for almost two hours to get nice, tender meat. We really enjoyed this dinner.
Nov 3, 2009
This is a very simple but tasty recipe. I added some carrots to it too and it was good. Even for children (if you reduce the amount of hot sauce ).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.