One-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional: cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 390 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Oct 10, 2019
Easy enough to fix. Had good flavor.
Sep 4, 2019
I made this for dinner tonight. It was fantastic. I did substitute beef broth for the water. My husband and I both loved it. It was very tasty. I will make it again. Thank you
Aug 31, 2019
I was not as good as I had hoped. I had to adjust to make it more flavorful. Took longer for pork to cook and not enough moisture to my liking. I will not make THIS recipe again. I would not recommend anyone giving it a shot.
Feb 27, 2019
Made it last night. It was delicious. A definite do again.
Feb 17, 2019
Liked it, but needs a bit more flavor. I added some salt
Feb 17, 2019
Mar 15, 2018
Super easy and really good on flavor. A great one dish dinner.
Mar 1, 2018
This was just okay I used cream of celery soup instead, because we have some mushroom allergies in our home.I had to cook pork chops allot longer than this recipe said, but I think that is because my pork chops were thicker. I do not think I will make this again
Feb 26, 2018
That's what I get for following a reviewer's suggestion. I followed the recipe except for substituting the cream of mushroom soup with golden mushroom soup and served it over white rice. It wasn't inedible, just not to my taste. The family ate it, didn't rave about it, and didn't seek out the leftovers which were tossed. I won't try making it again, even using cream of mushroom soup. It just wasn't very good.
Feb 25, 2018
I made this for supper last night. My wife is somewhat hard to please when it comes to my cooking. We both really liked this dish and I found it easy to prepare and hard to mess up. I had to add a little extra water toward the end of cooking the potatoes carrots. Next time I will cut the spuds into smaller pieces.