Asian Ramen Shrimp Soup
A package of store-bought ramen noodles speeds up assembly of this colorful broth with shrimp and carrots. “My mother passed the recipe on to me,” notes Donna Hellinger of Lorain, Ohio. “It's delicious and so quick to fix.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental ramen noodles
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Add the noodles to boiling water; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, onions, carrot, soy sauce and contents of seasoning packet. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 148 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Oriental Shrimp Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.