Cranberry sauce and raspberry gelatin give this fluffy pink parfait a sweet-tart flavor. Pretty enough for holiday company, the dessert is light and refreshing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cranberries for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange zest to a boil; cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally.
- Place a bowl, with mixer beaters in freezer. Chill until very cold. Add milk and vanilla to bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses. Chill 1-2 hours or until set. Garnish if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Cranberry Parfaits in Light & Tasty October/November 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.