Cranberry Sauce Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and mayonnaise until blended. Beat in orange juice, zest and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt until blended; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- Cut waxed or parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 10-in. tube pan. Spray the pan and paper with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 379 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
Awful. Heavy, oily, overly sweet. I ended up feeding it to the birds.
Jun 25, 2017
I took this to a party and luckily I brought along the recipe. It was loved by all. It bakes up so moist.
Mar 5, 2015
I love the tangy taste of cranberry sauce and I am always trying to find a new way to use it. Thanksgiving isn't enough! So this cake sounded interesting to me. I like to use it with soups and stews in the place of banana bread.I also put it in a bundt pan and it looked beautiful. I greased the bundt pan VERY WELL and let it sit 25 minutes in the pan (and no longer!) after removing it from the oven. I also made sure it was placed in the middle of the oven on a rack that was not too high or low.
Jan 13, 2015
Good recipe, makes a moist cake with a pleasant orange flavor.
Nov 25, 2011
OMG!! I am 63 yrs old and this is my new favorite cake!! (and I've eaten a lot of cake in my time) I could not believe it had no eggs & was so thick(didn't exactly 'pour' into pan). Thought I had done something wrong...but NO! It is awesome! And EASY! Looks like you know what you're doing when it is finished! The sliced oranges on top give it presentation jazz! Make it just like this before you tweek it!