Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + chilling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a food processor, finely chop dried cranberries. Add flour, almonds and confectioners' sugar; process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add berries. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Pour half of batter into crust. Carefully spoon 3/4 cup berry mixture over batter; top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top. Bake 20-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Spread remaining berry mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold in ground almonds. Pipe around top edge of cheesecake; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 626 calories, 40g fat (24g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2019
I made this for Christmas eve. It does take time to make, But taste best if made a few days ahead. Everyone loved the sweet creamy flavor with the tart cranberries. Was a beautiful pretty dessert.
Jan 5, 2015
I make a lot of cheesecakes and have even developed some of my own recipes. If I had followed the directions on cooking time on this recipe it would have been ruined. I cooked it at 350 for 45 minutes then placed the topping on it and cooked it for 10 minutes. I also changed the crust to honey graham crackers, butter and dried cranberries. A flour crust on cheesecake just doesn't work for me. With the changes I made the cheesecake is delicious.
Dec 26, 2013
A wonderful cheesecake, this will be my Christmas cheesecake from now on!
Jan 10, 2010
This recipe is wonderful. I've been looking for a similar recipe for years. Thank you for sharing. I used a 9" springform pan and once I added the sour cream mixture I had to turn my oven back up to 350 degrees. Then it set in the middle. It was a great Christmas Eve dessert.