Butter Brickle Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 263 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 18, 2019
I make these every year. So good on their own or dipped in coffee or Port!
Jan 25, 2013
Great recipe. SUPER simple. My dough came out very wet and in hindsight I should have added a little more flour because they spread more then they probably should have in the first baking. I also may cook them at a lower temperature next time because the edges were getting a little too well daone too quickly. I know that can vary ont he oven though too. I'm not an every day baker but these are so simple I wouldn't hesitate to do them again!
Jun 26, 2012
Great recipe! Thank you!
Dec 20, 2010
Very good - definitely will make again. I plan to give some of these away as Christmas gifts.
Dec 17, 2010
Simple to make, and friends raved about how wonderful these were.
Sep 13, 2010
Delicious! I liked the cake-like consistency (pre-toasting) as much as the final toasted end-product.
Jun 20, 2010
I made these last December and everyone raved about them! Delicious with coffee or tea. I'm making them now and going to freeze them for vacation in 3 weeks. Hope they freeze well! And they are not difficult to make.
Dec 22, 2009
This was great! I added chopped chocolate as well to make it even better!
Mar 20, 2009
This was really good, many compliments!