Cardamom Almond Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in almonds.
- Divide dough into fourths; shape each portion into a ball. On two greased baking sheets, roll each ball into a 15-in. log (two logs per pan). Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut at a 45° angle with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 161 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 9, 2013
My review is actually of the texture of this biscotti. It is by far one of the best biscotti I've ever had. Sometimes the cookie is dry because of the extra baking, but these are just perfect. Since I'm always looking for the best lemon biscotti, I flavored mine with lemon emulsion and lemon zest. I wasn't sure how the cardamom would be received by my family but I will try that next.
Dec 18, 2012
I love biscotti and I especially love cardamom and almonds so I was thrilled to find this recipe. I just made a batch of these for Christmas and plan to dip them half way with white melting chocolate.Though the recipe was easy to make, I did have a bit of trouble with the pieces falling apart when I sliced them. I think I will allow for a longer cooling time, maybe a few hours, before trying to slice and bake again.This recipe is a keeper and is going into my favorite holiday recipes cookbook though they would be wonderful any time of year.
Dec 15, 2012
Delicious! Would recommend chilling dough for about 20 minutes before shaping into logs.
Dec 10, 2012
Light and delicious - very easy to make.
Nov 19, 2012
This is one of my family's favorite cookie recipes. It's absolutely delicious!