Glazed Apple-Maple Blondies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, syrup and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in apples (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Pour glaze over warm blondies. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 blondie: 192 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 27, 2019
Tasty apple dessert bar. When I made them it took over 40 minutes in the oven, and the texture was more cake than blondie but super moist and had good flavor. Based on prior reviews I was worried that the glaze would make it too sweet... so I added a little powdered sugar to the glaze to make it thicker, and just drizzled it over the top. (I had leftover glaze that I ate like candy after it had cooled). I got lots of rave reviews from my coworkers. I rated it a 4/5 because I was expecting a chewy blondie and got cake instead.
Oct 26, 2019
These are so tasty, and full of fall flavor. The apples and maple syrup really revs up the flavor in this blondie recipe. I used honey crisp apples, as they are my favorite for baking. Definitely a hit with the kids!
Oct 8, 2019
Absolutely amazing! As some other reviews have said, these bars are quite sweet, but if you want a sweet appley dessert, this recipe is perfect. I used three larger zester apples, and while I would never complain about too much apple, it definitely overshadowed the maple flavor just a pit. Again to reiterate other reviews, it definitely takes at least 30 minutes, or just wait until you see the top start to just turn golden. The frosting was great as well, though I want to try it again with just a little more maple syrup. Overall, a stellar recipe if you want something sweet!
Aug 27, 2019
Very tasty! I did reduce the brown sugar (for both the cake and glaze) and crumbled in six pieces of crisply cooked bacon.
Jun 2, 2019
I added 3/4 cup chopped pecans when I added the apple. And when I made the glaze, I used 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup Jim Beam. OMG! That just raised it to another level!
Oct 29, 2018
These were excellent. Made them exactly as written. Great dessert!
Oct 31, 2016
I followed the recipe as written and this was delicious! I called it glazed apple-maple cake, because it was a cake, not a blondie. I have a picture, if I can figure out how to attach. For my kids (7 9), I will chop the apples smaller next time. They'd rather not have any apple chunks (used granny smiths). Will definitely make again!
Sep 30, 2016
Followed recipe exactly. They are quite sweet, but very good! I served them warm, with ice cream, and all my guests commented on how good these were!
Sep 3, 2016
These were very good. I cut the sugar in half along with the glaze. They turned out perfect. This one is a keeper!
Mar 14, 2016
Excellent made with homemade syrup. My husband says "you can make these anything. They are amazing !" Getting ready to make more. You do need to cook longer than recipe calls for, I cook til toothpick comes out clean.