Chocolate Chunk Walnut Blondies
Put a stack of these beauties out at a potluck and you'll find only crumbs on your platter when it's time to head home. Everyone will be asking who made those scrumptious blondies, so be sure to bring copies of the recipe! —Peggy Woodward, Taste of Home Food Editor
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 13x9-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper. Or, grease three 6-1/2-inch cast-iron skillets.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. In another bowl, mix flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Walnut Blondies with Chocolate Chunks in Taste of Home December 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.