Chocolate Chunk Walnut Blondies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 13x9-in. pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper. Or grease three 6-1/2-inch cast-iron skillets.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. In another bowl, mix flour, ground walnuts, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 13, 2019
Good, Probably will make it again for the holidays!!!!
Sep 24, 2019
Very good! A bit greasy though...I would make it again. Not sure the parchment paper is really necessary.
Jul 17, 2019
Yum! These are the perfect butterscotchy blondie bars. My teenage daughter made them today, and she left out the nuts because she doesn’t like them. The bars are chewy; the edges are crisp and buttery; the chips are creamy; and the center is soft. They would be decadent slightly heated with vanilla ice cream on top. Recipe is perfect as is—no adjusting or changes needed! We baked 35 minutes. Delish!