Apricot Almond Blondies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips, almonds and apricots.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 153 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 3, 2016
I have made this recipe many times and they never fail me. Everyone loves them. Sometimes I leave out the vanilla chips just because you really don't need them because they are delicious without them. And mainly it cuts down a little on the calories. Wonderful cookie.
Sep 14, 2016
This one's a keeper! A moist and chewy cookie. I did cut the chips down to 6 oz and that was plenty but as a result I ended up with just over 4 dozen cookies, which is fine because it just means I have to make them again LOL!
Sep 5, 2014
Loved this...easy and you can substitute different dried fruit and nuts....i used pecans and craisins...delicious!
Mar 10, 2013
These turned out amazing! Once my dad had tried these, it was the only kind of cookie he ate out of all the ones in the cookie tin. My mom said don't lose that recipe! We didn't have apricots, nuts or white chips so I skipped all that and put in some dried cranberries. I also used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and I was shocked how well they turned out. Usually cookies don't turn out so well when you use whole wheat, but these were very chewy.