Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 small apples (about 9 ounces), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread all but 1/4 cup batter into a greased and floured 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with apple slices; dot with remaining batter. Sprinkle with peanuts. Bake until top is golden brown and center is set, 22-28 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 blondie: 302 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 10, 2017
Good recipe. I did change it just slightly. I NEVER peel apples. I want that fiber and nutrients that are in the peels. I cut down the sugar because I am watching my carbs. Since I did this, I added cinnamon to help flavor the dough more. Yes, it probably needed that sugar I had removed, but at least I could have a very, very small piece of this dessert. Husband noted that the recipe needed the cinnamon , even if I had used the entire amount of sugar. :-) Like me, he likes cinnamon.
Oct 24, 2017
Great recipe!! Did not change anything. DELICIOUS!!! I even tried the vegan version for my daughter substituting the egg with flaxseed egg and came out DELICIOUS as well. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe. One of my favorites from now on.
Oct 15, 2017
Excellent!! We put pecans instead of peanuts, but we loved this one right out of the oven!!
Oct 2, 2017
I made this recipe this past week and it is a 5* recipe! NO changes needed! I took the blondies to our little coffee shop and they were sold! This is a great recipe to use with apples!
Sep 25, 2017
Everyone really enjoyed these!