Bacon Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Blondies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil.
- Reserve 1/4 cup crumbled bacon for top. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and remaining bacon. Press half of the dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
- For cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over dough in prepared pan; drop remaining dough by rounded tablespoons over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
- Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 534 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
May 17, 2018
I followed the recipe, but at 375 degrees the top browned beyond golden in 42 minutes, and it wasn't until I took the pan out of the fridge the next morning and cut up the brownies that I realized the cheesecake layer hadn't baked enough. Most pieces were actually runny.
Jan 20, 2016
Yummy recipe, but my only complaint is that the bacon was not very prominent in the final product. I'll add more bacon and less chocolate chips next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.