Peanut Butter & Bacon Blondies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in bacon.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost blondies; sprinkle with bacon. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 blondie: 342 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 18, 2015
I took this to a party and got rave reviews. I used regular bacon and didn't have any milk so used French Vanilla coconut creamer in the frosting.
Jun 24, 2014
This bar is absolutely sinful! Loved the fudgy texture as well as the ability to distinctly taste all 3 of the main ingredients (pb, bacon and brown sugar). This recipe is one we could become "family famous" for!
Nov 14, 2013
Is the sugar/flour ratio right?? It was very sweet but the Brown sugar seemed gritty after baking.
Nov 11, 2013
This was a very indulgent treat, but I would make it again!
Nov 2, 2013
It was OK. I probably would not make it again. Very sweet. Different.