Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Blondies
Total TimePrep:15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugars and applesauce. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 176 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 11, 2016
Light and fluffy and delicious. I used a gf baking flour mix that had xanthan gum in it and it turned out great.
Jan 8, 2016
What is xanthan gum and where do I find it in the grocery store????
Dec 5, 2014
I doubled the recipe & baking time in a 9 x 13" dish. Used sunflower seed butter; DH ate 1/4 of the pan. He said it is seriously good! Thanks, Becky! Our fellowship ate the rest of the pan - gf friends really enjoyed!
Aug 26, 2014
Some gluten free baked goods can be dense, but these blondies are light and moist. The sweet and salty combination from the peanuts and chocolate chips make this the perfect gluten free treat!
Jun 7, 2013
I will be making this again for my niece who has a gluten allergy. Very good for gluten free.
Dec 10, 2012
Delicious & easy to make. This is a favorite at our house.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.