Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes1 batch (about 3-1/2 cups mix)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and chocolate chips in order listed. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare blondies: Preheat oven to 375°. Whisk eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Gradually add blondie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 15-20 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 9, 2020
I followed the recipe exactly but I was worried because I thought the dough/batter was very oily. I just went with it anyway. These turned out amazing! I served them for a little get together with our neighbors and it was a crowd pleaser for the adults and the children. Great consistency and great flavor. I sprinkled them with kosher salt once they were done and it was excellent!
Apr 17, 2020
I won’t rank with stars because I made changes to make it “healthier”. It was a wonderful base. The texture and consistency was perfect for a blondie! Nice and stiff (I was afraid it would turn out quick-bread like because of the oil). I reduced the sugar by a half a cup total, substituted quarter cup applesauce for quarter cup of the oil, and used 100% whole wheat white flour. I was very pleased. I think it would have been too sweet for me with the full sugar amount anyway.
Nov 15, 2019
I’ve made these blondies a few times. Quite sweet, but that’s what blondies are. Good recipe, however, and a big sell at my church Bake Sales!
Mar 3, 2019
too oily. substitute 2 sticks of butter instead. the recipe is on the back of the Toll House bag.
Jun 20, 2018
A bit too oily. Missed that buttery flavor. Will go back to my old recipe.
May 16, 2018
These blondies are easy to make and have that chocolate chip cookie flavor. I was able to taste a hint of the oil.
May 13, 2018
These were wondererful! My whole family enjoyed them.