White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, optional
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter; stir in the brown sugar. Cool slightly.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries and chopped chocolate (batter will be thick). Spread into a greased 13x9-in. pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake), 18-21 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and, if desired, orange zest until smooth. Gradually beat in half of the melted white chocolate; spread over blondies. Sprinkle with cranberries; drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
- Cut into triangles. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 blondie: 198 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 14, 2018
I prepared these delicious blondies for a Christmas party yesterday. They were a huge hit. I used white chocolate chips so did not need to chop. Also, I separated the remaining chips into two bowls and melted both. One bowl I used for the frosting and the other I was going to use to drizzle. Nope. Not going to happen as it was way too thick. Next time I may try thinning it out with milk. Also, as soon as the blondies are cool and frosted, cut into squares. If you have to refrigerate, take out to come to room temperature before serving as the brownies tend to get hard. I did use the orange zest and recommend it. It gave them a nice pop of flavor. They were delicious and I came home with only a couple.
Sep 27, 2018
Love this recipe!! My daughter worked for Starbucks for just more than 10 years and that was our favorite fall treat. These bars are the closest that we have come to repeating that taste from home. Have made them often for work and every time I need to make numerous copies of the recipe.
Mar 13, 2018
Made these for a coworkers birthday. They were so yummy and pretty too. They were a hit and very addictive. Great blonde recipe on it’s own as well. Will definitely make again!Didn’t use the orange peel since I didn’t have it, also used salted butter and didn’t add other salt.
Jan 24, 2017
These bars are fantastic! They are very sweet, but the cranberries offer a nice, tart bite just when you need it! I did think they had more of a shortbread cookie texture, rather than blondie though.
Nov 26, 2016
These are soooo good. Made them for a Christmas gift for a neighbor. Received a call asking for the recipe!
Dec 28, 2015
The tartness of the cranberries is a nice contrast to the very sweet chips and frosting
Dec 28, 2015
These were very good!
Dec 15, 2015
Best Blondie recipe I have ever tried! I left off the icing one time for less calories and it still tasted just as great. Very moist and full flavor.
May 23, 2015
I added some orange flavoring. 1 1/2 teaspoons of Watkins pure orange extract and a bit more in the icing. Super good. They were gobbled up before anything else and people were swooning over them!
Dec 21, 2014
Usee real cranberries and white chocolate chip. Wow. Amazing