Glazed Pear Shortcakes
Family and friends will savor every last crumb of this lickety-split dessert. The pound cake absorbs the apricot flavor and the warm sweetness of the pears. Special enough to serve company—and cute, too! —Fran Thomas, St. James City, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 8 thin slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- In a small cast-iron skillet, saute pears in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit.
- Place cake slices on 4 dessert dishes; top with pear mixture, walnuts and whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 256 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 26, 2010
I would definitely make this again, but with peaches instead of pears. As much as I love pears, some of my family cannot handle them and would rather have peaches. This recipe is a keeper for sure and one that will end up in my recipe box.